Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Best Take-away Ever.... with La Rotisserie

La Rotisserie
+852 6901 5778
\
Rating: 7.7/10 
PriceAround 70-80 HKD per person 

Roast Chicken will always be a family thing for me,
   I know that it's not very Korean of me (not to associate with beer and bars) but from the first-ever disastrous burnt roast chicken I ever made (and forced my family to eat) to the finally beautifully roasted and deliciously praised roast chicken I now can make on Christmas, all my memories of roast chicken was with my family.

Even when I went to Paris, and had the BEST roast chicken of my life, I was sitting in a cutest french bistro with the cutest french waiter recommending me wine.. in front of my family!

So it seemed like an obvious choice for dinner when you begin missing your beloved oven and home-cooked meals...
(Source: La Rotiseerie's FB page)
Although looking at their FB page, people are complaining about the long-queues that you have to wait in before getting their foods, I was rather lucky to stumble in on a time when there was no one in front of me! Ah, but look at the photo how can it not lure people to its door-steps when there's that smell and SIGHT of a chicken being roasted like below:

(Source: HK-Asia Magazine)
Plus the place is literally just minutes away from the subway station, which makes the whole taking away to home really easy and convenient!

Above is their new menu (from their website)! As i had planned for dinner with 4-5 people, I ended up getting the Set Meal Package for Four People (whole roast chicken + 4 side dishes) and an extra 1/4 roast chicken, to give a total of (290 HKD) which is a definite steal for a proper night's dinner!

They had a wide range of the side-dishes, but I opted for the choice of 2 portions each of Roast Vegetables and Roast Potatoes. Although the vegetables were delicious I would highly recommend the roast potatoes as a side dish! They were amaaaaazing! 

They quickly wrapped up my dinner in this cute little black box that couldnt quite keep the smell of the roast chicken in! I kept on getting such funny (and hungry) looks from the passengers on the MTR (sorry guys!)


Upon finally arriving home, my friends greeted with extra dishes of rice, chocolate and salads (and even a bottle of rose wine). Feeling rather giddy, i also baked some buns to have a proper feast as shown below! 


THE CHICKEN was AMAAAZING! 
It was not dry at all, and so juicy and rich in flavor! The seasoning was perfect too that we really didn't need any extra sauces to eat the chicken with..

Maybe it was because it was so delicious or the fact that we were starving that day but despite our extra dishes the chicken quickly disappeared!

SO if you're planning to JUST eat the side-dishes and the chicken maybe you should order extra chicken like we did just so you ALL of you can be fully satisfied and leave the dinner table with a big grin and bloated stomach like we did :)



No comments:

Post a Comment