Monday, July 20, 2015

Moroccan Night at Sinbad's Kitchen

Sinbad’s Kitchen

서울특별시 용산구 이태원동 127-12 해경빌딩 3층
(서울특별시 용산구 이태원로 18)
127-12 Itaewon 1(il)-dong02-792-0069, Website

I’ve been dreaming of visiting Morocco ever since my first time I saw Casablanca.  The country, overflowing with exotic spices and silks, was the perfect destination for food and culture.  After my long awaited visit Marrakesh this spring fell apart, I was terribly excited to try Sinbad’s Kitchen after it was suggested by a friend for great Ethiopian or Moroccan cuisine.

Sinbad’s Kitchen is located right outside the Exit 3 of Itaewon station (actually on the crossing on top of Taco Bell). It’s crazy to think I must’ve walked past this place thousands of times without ever realizing that there was such a place above me!

When we went, the place was half-filled with a good mixt of people. There was a big Arabic group that was trying out the buffet  (45,000KRW) but we decided to try our luck with the a la carte menu instead! The buffet did look really good with wide ranges of meat & curry options and everyone seems really happy (and eager) to keep on going back for endless seconds/thirds.  There’s also a separate shisha / hookah section and during our dinner there were several guests who came just for shisha without eating. I’ll definitely be coming back to check it out myself as well!

Overall, the food was really impressive and actually well portioned for the price! The meat, in particular the lamb, was beautifully cooked with no off-putting smells or taste. The curry was also perfectly flavoured and was complimented nicely with the fluffed bread we ordered!

I really don’t have anything to complain about this meal – and I’ll definitely be recommending it to anyone who wants to try Moroccan Cuisine or simply to enjoy a nice alternative to your traditional Indian curries and dishes!
Apparently the place is one of the few restaurants that serve Ethiopian food! I’ll be definitely coming back to try it out and check it off our never-ending list of world cuisines and dishes to try!

Golden Lentil Soup (Service :D)

Lavash/Turkish Bread (5,000won) 

Tabouleh  (8,000won)

Special Sinbad's Curry (17,000won)

Lamb Tajine (21,000 won) 




No comments:

Post a Comment