Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Bar with View: Cocky Bar

Cocky Bar

As much as I love food, I love alcohol. Whether it is a pint of draught beer, glass of whiskey, or girly cocktails... I love bars and their (if done right) amazing drinks.
That being said, over the years I have slowly drifted away from LKF and away to quieter bars with views and atmosphere and a well-respected bartender who makes drinks for the sake of making drinks and not to serve silly asian girls watered down garbage.

Although I initially thought that this 'move' would more likely cost me more money, I ended up spending less each night-out as we happily sipped on mostly one or two cocktails for the night and going home usually by MTR rather than the taxi. So, all in all a successful switch!

I wasn't so sure about the name 'cocky bar', but being reassured by a friend that its balcony was one of the best in Hong Kong, I decided to check it out one day when I happened to be around TST for dinner.  The cocktail wasn't anything special, but the view from the balcony as well as the bar-itself was definitely worth the minimum charge to marvel at the spectacular city I live in. 

Minimum Charge: 150 HKD
Average Cocktail price: 70-80 HKD 


I mean just look at this view!



No comments:

Post a Comment