Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Discovering Gallette at Fleur de Sel

Fleur De Sel
Price: 100-150HKD for Gallette, and 60HKD for Glass of Red Wine
Rating: 8/10
Although I've walked pass this restaurant so many times, I never even looked at the menu until the other day.... and what a find! I've always been fan of Crepes, especially with Nutella... I mean who isn't with their paper thin-crispiness with spoonful of nutella or powdered sugar literally flowing on top.

However, It is only now did I discover that there's a savory version of my favorite dessert, that is basially: replace nutella with melted cheese and some other delectable additions such as poached eggs, black truffle, spinach and whatever you desire... and VOILA! Here's a lovely dish of Galette.

The inside of the restaurant is actually really cute (and rather small), and the house red wine is actually much better than some of the wine I've tasted in SOHO (and this was when we had gotten wine for the SAKE of getting wine). There were also a handful of house ciders and organic ciders!!! I seemed to be the only one who absolutely adored ciders... so we went with wine instead but next time (even ALONE) ill sample that lovely (and rather big!) bottle of cider!

Ach, I always forget to note down or at least photograph the menu for later reference so that I can exactly know how much things were.. (or at least keep the receipt)! 
The only one I remember clearly is my heavenly one:

 La Truffe: Ham Emmental Cheese, Egg, Black Truffle Paste,  Camembert Cheese

 I mean just LOOK at it... writing this post even after a rather heavy dinner still makes me hungry.

THis one was with Smoked Salmon with Egg, although he argues that it was too breakfast y for his taste, it tasted perfectly fine (although slightly less delicious than mine) to me. :)

Pictured on the top is with spinach and goat-cheese which was also an excellent choice. I kept on snacking on other people's gallettes before mine.. so I can say for sure mine was the best! 

Oh but the last one that my friend ordered with Roast Vegetables was for some reason triangular and more ornately arranged.. I couln't quite figure out the reason for this.. so I decided it was because he thought my friend was cute. heh. makes a better story anyways :) This one didn't have so much cheese on top, so if you're trying to look for a dish that isn't so heavy.. this would be the one to go for! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment